Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

Opera 10 Web Browser



Web browsers war has been heating up for last few years with the arrival of Google Chrome in the scene. Opera has been in the market for long time and has been nowhere in competition to Inter Explorer or Mozilla Firefox. Last week Opera announced the release candidate for its Opera 10 browser.

Over the last few months I have been switching between IE, Firefox and Google Chrome with finally settling on Google Chrome as it offered me the ease of usage which for some reason I never found on Firefox. Even though it has lots of compatibility issues it would be hard to replace Google Chrome from my list.

Having downloaded Opera you could feel the difference already. It felt light and the browsing speed also seems to be good. The feature which really impressed me was the tab management feature. You can resize the size of tabs and even have a thumbnail view of them. Luckily I have a widescreen monitor at work place to check this out.


Another feature unique to Opera is the Turbo Browsing. Its a smart compression technology which can be employed on slow connections or iffy 3G or WiFi connections. Opera claims Turbo will deliver pages 3/4x faster and "can offer broadband-like speeds on dial-up". Too much of the claim but as I said this browser is fast.

There is also a feature to open up the browser that you have accidentally closed. This is really helpful for a guy like me who has 10-15 tabs open and sometimes closes some important tabs.

All in all I will give Opera 10 a 8/10 and will be using it more because it has more features to it which I have still not explored.

Post a Comment

0 Comments

statistics