Hot Posts

6/recent/ticker-posts

Active Desktop Recovery, Desktop.htt Error



Recently due to power fluctuations my office PC was shut down abnormally at least 5 times. When I now logged in it gave the following error and even if you selected Yes/No it did nothing to resolve the issue.

I even tried to delete the file. The biggest issue was that I could not even locate the file.

Then I found this solution after long research on internet:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER = &H80000001
strComputer = "."
Set objReg = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\default:StdRegProv")
strKeyPath = "Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Desktop\SafeMode\Components"
strValue = "0"
ValueName = "DeskHtmlVersion"
objReg.SetDWORDValue HKEY_CURRENT_USER, strKeyPath, ValueName, strValue


copy this to notepad and save the file as activedesktop.vbs, then run the file, logoff then log back in again.

Post a Comment

0 Comments

statistics